Oh, the places you’ll go!

I created a Thinglink that delves into the world of virtual assistant AI technology, the fears that surround the technologies, and the possibilities of where it may take us as a society…”Oh the places we’ll go!”

https://www.thinglink.com/scene/1357068885290909699

4 thoughts on “Oh, the places you’ll go!

1. Virtual human is a very interest subject to explore. Perhaps in the near future Siri will have an animate face gives us an additional intimate feeling. Alexa will become a butler in a form of virtual human to help us solve all kinds of problems. Virtual AI no doubt will be able to offer us various surprise feelings. But with the rise of technology capabilities, people have already been isolated from real-world society face to face. Individuals contact one another through social media or just play video games at home, which has already made society less humanity. A lot of time people would rather face an artificial intelligent device rather than a real person. Young kids and many adults are so consumed by those AI devices. My worry is that once the virtual humans have a great extent to people’s daily lives, will people further isolate themselves into an idealistic bubble.

1. What good thoughts you have! I’ve often wondered the same, which is why I’m pretty “old school” when it comes to adapting these new AI tools. I do feel as if there are quite a few skills that can be lost by relying too heavily on these tools. I have high school and college aged kids. My husband and I struggle with finding the right balance for them, as we want them to experience life beyond a screen. However, we also recognize the influence these devices have in the real world. It is that balance that seems so difficult to find.

2. Hi Andrea – thanks for sharing your Thinglink! I loved that you chose virtual assistant AI technology because I have a couple of google homes in my house and my husband and I adore them! We use them for everything and keep discovering more uses for them every day. I do think that is perhaps what you where missing from this presentation – an exploration into google’s most common virtual assistant technology. Since it is so common already in homes, it would have been really cool to have at least one hotspot dedicated to the strengths, weaknesses, and evolution of the google home since it is truly a fascinating AI virtual assistant! However, I think I’m totally biased because I love my google home so much! =]

3. Hi Andrea – thanks for sharing your Thinglink! I loved that you chose virtual assistant AI technology because I have a couple of google homes in my house and my husband and I adore them! We use them for everything and keep discovering more uses for them every day. I do think that is perhaps what you were missing from this presentation – an exploration into google’s most common virtual assistant technology. Since it is so common already in homes, it would have been really cool to have at least one hotspot dedicated to the strengths, weaknesses, and evolution of the google home since it is truly a fascinating AI virtual assistant! However, I think I’m totally biased because I love my google home so much! =]