I redesigned an end-of-the-year unit for my Junior class over the drama A Raisin in the Sun. The purpose for the redesign was to increase the impact of the unit in light of the chaos in the world today. The text deals with discrimination and stereotyping. Recognizing the potential influence this text could have on my students, I wanted to delve a bit deeper, searching for ways to create ripples of impact outside of the four walls of my classroom. By requiring students to create questionnaires to distribute to community members regarding issues of race, gender, and economic inequalities, constructive conversations can be had around dinner tables and at social gatherings that could positively impact our society. Having difficult discussions can create a dialogue that could positively impact a nation…it has to start somewhere, so why not here?!?
- baileykaeb on Challenge 4–Personalized Playlist
- Marina T. on TPACK Framework
- drannasmith on Constructionism–Learning Really CAN Be Fun!
- BRITTNEY MISHLER on TPACK Framework
- Kayla Schahrer on My Personal Technology Timeline